Mar 13, 2011

Microphone check - one, two, one, two

For those of you that may have grew up in the '80s, today's title may sound a little familiar.  You may have heard it recited in the lyrics to a song, stated before the opening of concert, or simply used to test out that wonderful device we call the Microphone.

If you think about it, the microphone is a unique instrument in the arsenal of musicians, politicians, or other popular figures.  Without it, crowds dwindle and words just do not reach the ears of all those that are present.  Seems to me that the microphone has a very important job.

Well I got the idea for today's post from a friend of mine at Bible Study last Saturday.  There he spoke of attending a Whitney Houston concert where her voice resonated throughout the crowd and was in complete harmony with the instruments.  Listening to her, you could truly just stand in awe of her gift.  The interesting part that really caught my attention was when he stated that he never really noticed the microphone.

See the microphone has no real power, yet it is the instrument by which the song or message is heard by the masses.  I believe we are God's microphone(s).  People are to see His power, His Glory, His love, as we carry His message to the crowds He places before us.  The message He has given us is our own redemption, our own personal testimony.  SHARE IT!!!  In Mark 5:19 - Jesus tells the healed man, once demon-possessed, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."

So here is My Testimony.  It is a bit long so grab something to drink and snack on.  Hopefully God will bless you in reading it as He did in my journey through it.

Now I challenge each of you to pick a person this week to share your testimony with.  Pray about it and God will open the door.

Our Prayer:
God help us to be bold this week, to step out of our comfort zones and share your truth in our lives with another.  Give us each the courage to step out of the boat, ignore the waves of life, focus on you, and share our story.  Thank you for your love, and how that love created our testimony.  Praise be your name in the highest!  AMEN.
      


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you have become quite the microphone lately! I'm proud of you opening yourself up so that others can see how God works in your life. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

DC TALK:

Is this one for the people? Is this one for the Lord?
Or do I simply serenade for things I must afford?
You can jumble them together, my conflict still remains
Holiness is calling, in the midst of courting fame
Cause I see the trust in their eyes
Though the sky is falling
They need Your love in their lives
Compromise is calling

What if I stumble, what if I fall?
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?
Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

What if I stumble, what if I fall?
You never turn in the heat of it all
What if I stumble, what if I fall?

Father please forgive me for I can not compose
The fear that lives within me
Or the rate at which it grows
If struggle has a purpose on the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses will leave a deadly scar
Do they see the fear in my eyes? Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise all the doubt I'm feeling


What if I stumble, what if I fall?
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?
Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

What if I stumble?
Everyone's got to crawl when you know that
You're up against a wall, it's about to fall
Everyone's got to crawl when you know that

I hear You whispering my name [You say]
"My love for You will never change" [never change]

What if I stumble, what if I fall?
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?
Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

What if I stumble, what if I fall?
You never turn in the heat of it all
What if I stumble, what if I fall?
You are my comfort, and my God

Is this one for the people, is this one for the Lord?

7Livingstones said...

I love that song. You'll notice I also quoted part of it during my previous post in Feb, http://weeklyharvest.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-if-i-stumble.html. Check it out if you haven't already. Thanks for the comments and I would love to hear your testimony some time as well!!!