Feb 28, 2011

Assumptions

Well I figured I would start out with something light this week.  This is a joke that one of my coworkers shared the other day.  I hope you enjoy it.

A new pastor was visiting the homes of his parishioners.  At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.  Therefore, he took out a card and wrote Rev 3:20 on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned.  Added to it was this cryptic message, Gen 3:10.  Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter.

There is a punch line here, but I have intentionally left it out.  Our goal here is to encourage each of you to spend more time in His Word so hopefully by reading each verse you will get it and end up the same way as the pastor.  Comment if you need help.


Our Prayer:
God - please bless each of our readers, unlocking your will in each of their lives.  Help them to see your strength and realize they can do amazing things in you.  Give them the strength and determination to step out in faith, in Jesus name we pray.  AMEN!

2 comments:

JLaG said...

It worked. I picked up my bible and read both passages. Good job teach! Keep them coming.

-JLaG

tyroneboles said...

That was nice. Thanks