Sep 2, 2011

Busy Bee

Got this from a dear friend and I asked if I could share it.  Modified slightly for ease of reading.

  I was sitting on my front steps watching a bee find nectar on a nearby flower.  Definitely feel like God is showing me to persevere in the work He has called me too, because through Him, I will produce a honey that others can enjoy.  God wants me to work hard just like this little bee.

  Then I saw a fly land on the same plant looking for nectar.  Both were striving for the same cause.  Both looking very similar: multiple legs; 2 wings; round head; but one works for his own good while the other works so that others can enjoy the fruit of his labor (Honey).

[...produce fruit that will last] ~ John 15:16a

Our Prayer:
God, help me to be like the bee, deligently working to serve others for you.  By the power of the Holy Spirit, guide me to the flowers (people) in which a bontiful harvest can be yielded for your kingdom.  Help me to be a "busy bee", but not to get caught up in mere busy work.  AMEN!!!

No comments: